Let me introduce you to… Copaiba essential oil
I’m very excited today to focus on doTERRA’s Copaiba essential oil.
There’s been a LOT of excitement around this oil, some confusion, and an ever-increasing number of amazing stories from the people using it for its supportive properties.
Let’s eliminate the confusion first
Copaiba oil has chemical components––called beta-caryophyllene (BCPs)––which have some similarities to the cannabinoids found in cannabis. But also some very important differences!
And really that’s where the confusion starts… And finishes!
Cannabis oil (CBD oil) is sometimes used by people because it has some supportive properties for health. But there are also a myriad of issues around its psychoactive effects, and the legality of cannabis, which affects its usage, sourcing, processing, purity, and potency.
But here’s what is SO cool…
The BCPs in the Copaiba oil have been found to provide the same benefits as the CPD oil, without the psychoactive effects (and hence the problems).
And this is because of important differences in the chemical make-up.
See this explanation Endocannabinoids Explained if you would like more info.
How copaiba oil supports the body
Copaiba oil has been shown to have properties supportive of the body, and overall general health/wellbeing. And specifically for the following systems:
And in multiple ways, including:
- Powerful antioxidant properties to support the immune system and overall health
- Helps to ease discomfort and tension
- Supports the kidneys and liver systems
- It can also offer mood and emotional support, being helpful for people struggling with anxious feelings and depressive feelings
How I use copaiba oil
- Diffuse it.
- Dilute it and apply topically to the affected area – particularly useful when you’re feeling achy or have feelings of discomfort (but remember, do not apply to sensitive areas).
- Add a couple of drops to my liquid soap/body wash––as a dispersing agent––and mix it in my bath water. I love its beautiful calming effect.
- And for my face: I add a drop in a carrier oil (my fav is fractionated coconut oil) or my moisturiser, and apply after cleansing.
And in answer to those questions!
- No! Using copaiba oil will NOT give you a ‘high’.
- And it will not give you a false positive on a drug test either 😀
Have you used copaiba oil? If so, tell me more in the comments below, I would love to hear. I am so excited that we now have this incredible oil available here in Australia x
To buy doTERRA essential oils, click here.
And if you get excited about helping others, want to make a positive impact in the world, and are interested in the doTERRA business opportunity, you can find more on joining the Healthy Happy Life Community here.