Sweet Summer Treats: Watermelon Fruit Popsicles
It’s getting hot in Australia and the kids (and myself) are after refreshing Summer treats! Unfortunately some are full of added sugar so I’ve decided to share these little beauties that are perfect for a hot day, minus the processed sugar. They are made entirely from real fruit and are quick and easy to make. Keep them handy in the freezer over Summer – perfect for the whole family to enjoy!
I’d love to see how you went! Share them with me on Instagram @healthybellyhappymind
This recipe will make roughly 10-12 popsicles depending on the size and shape of your popsicle moulds.
What you need:
- 6 cups of seedless watermelon (peeled and roughly chopped)
- 2 cups pineapple (peeled and roughly chopped)
- 1 cup of orange (peeled, de-seeded and roughly chopped)
- 1 cup of mixed berries
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- 1 cup of water
- 6 mint leaves (optional)
What you need to do:
- Place all ingredients into a high powered blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into popsicle moulds and freeze overnight.
- If you do not have enough popsicle moulds, pour the first batch using wooden popsticks for the handles, storing remaining mixture in fridge until the first batch sets. Next take all of the frozen popsicles out of the moulds by gently warming the mould with warmish water until the popsicle can be pulled easily out of the mould. Then place all frozen popsicles into a freezer safe container and pop back into freezer. The moulds can then be reused to make a second batch.
- If you find the mixture is a little thick just add a dash of water.