Oil of the Month: Why we love Ylang Ylang
Ylang Ylang essential oil is used extensively in making perfumes and in aromatherapy. This is one of my favourite essential oils as it’s used to lessen tension and stress and to promote a positive outlook. I use it a lot in the home to lift mood and provide a calming effect for our family. Ylang Ylang is also frequently used to promote the appearance of healthy skin and hair, antioxidant support and even hormonal health. I use this oil in many ways at home, and here a few you can try.
- Add two-three drops of Ylang Ylang into an Epsom Salt bath for a deep relaxation
- Refresh your skin with an aromatherapy steam facial, but adding a few drops to hot water
- Dab Ylang Ylang on your wrists for a sweet, floral perfume
- Add Ylang Ylang to fractionated coconut oil for a deep hair conditioner
- Use to support PMS symptoms, like cramps, by diluting with fractionated coconut oil and applying to the affected area
Want to know more about the effects essential oils can have on your family’s life? Have a read of my Introduction to Essential Oils eBook.