The 6 Essential Oils You Can’t Travel Without..
As some of you may know, I headed to Fiji last week with my family for the doTERRA Incentive Trip. Traveling, while always fun, can be difficult, especially with small children. It’s really easy to reach for take away or chemical-laden products when you are away from home, stressed and just want to enjoy your holiday.
Today I wanted to share my favourite essential oils and their benefits while traveling with your family. There are so many, but I have kept to my favourites below. Keeping these oils handy when in Fiji, meant I didn’t have to be concerned about chemicals from store-bought products, and we could continue to live our low-tox lifestyle while traveling abroad.
- Lavender: Helps with stress relief and sunburn.
- Dilute with fractionated coconut oil and place on your neck and wrists if your flight has been delayed and you need some assistance to relax.
- Dilute and apply to sunburned area to help alleviate any pain.
- OnGuard: Helps to support your immune system.
- Dilute with fractionated coconut oil and roll down spine or on the soles of your feet or ingest with a fat (e.g. coconut oil) daily to maintain a healthy immune function and keep away any dreaded holiday sickness!
- Terra Armour: Acts as a natural insect repellent.
- Dilute with fractionated coconut oil and rub over exposed parts of skin where you might be susceptible to insects.
- DigestZen: Helps alleviate stomach upsets.
- Rub diluted over belly in a clockwise direction or dilute one drop with a fat (e.g. coconut oil) and ingest to help relieve stomach upsets.
- This can also assist with sea sickness, so use before you board a boat on a windy day!
- Tea Tree: Helps alleviate earaches.
- If there’s a pool, surely the kids have been in it all day! While it’s great fun for them, it can sometimes lead to earaches. Dilute with fractionated coconut oil and apply Tea Tree just behind the ear to help alleviate any pain and discomfort.
- IceBlue: Assists with muscle aches and pains.
- If you danced too hard the night before, or took a massive hike and your muscles are letting you know about it, apply IceBlue to the affected areas.
If you’re interested in learning more about essential oils and would like more information on the best way to get started click here.